Who we are
Leixlip Musical and Variety Group (LMVG). Our website address is www.lmvg.ie. LMVG is committed to protecting your privacy and takes the security of your information very seriously. We aim to be clear and transparent about the information we collect about you and how we will use that information.
The Data Controller
LMVG is the Data Controller for all personal data which is collected and used by the www.lmvg.ie website. A Data Controller is the legal entity which determines how and why personal data is collected and used. You can contact LMVG with any data protection queries or questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Purchasing Tickets on the LMVG Website
If you purchase tickets on the site, for one of our shows, your information will be used in the following two ways;
- Your booking information – your first name, surname, email address and telephone number (optional) – will be used and stored within the backend of the site. This information will be used solely by LMVG to manage your booking/tickets and for no other purposes. This information will not be transferred elsewhere. Within two weeks after the date of your show, this information will be erased from the backend of the site.
- Your credit card information – at no stage is your full credit card number or CCV number visible to any member of LMVG. The credit card details you provide for your purchase, are transferred to Stripe for payment processing. You, as the customer, will not be charged any additional fees to the price advertised to you – LMVG pays all fees to Stripe. As a provider of payment services, Stripe is required to comply with many regulations including anti-terrorism and anti-money laundering laws. Some of these regulations and laws require Stripe to retain transaction records for a prescribed period of time. LMVG will remove any basic transaction records from Stripe, in as soon a time as possible, with regard to this. A reminder that at no stage is your full credit card number or CCV number visible to any member of LMVG.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
If you sign up to our email newsletter, using the form on this site, your information will be stored on another website, Mailchimp. This information – your email address, first name, surname and telephone number (optional) – will be used stored within Mailchimp and used solely by LMVG to send you email newsletters, and for no other purposes.
- You can also unsubscribe from our Mailchimp mailing list, anytime, here.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
LMVG uses Google Analytics to collect information about your use of this website and part of this information includes your IP address which is considered personal data. However, we have anonymised IP addresses for this website which means that no individual can be identified by the IP address.
This site also uses tracking software to help us monitor users traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of our site. The tracking software may collect the following technical information about your use of this website:
- IP address
- The type of computer device used by you to connect to the website
- Operating system of the computer device used by you to connect to the website
- Your preferred language used to display the webpage
- The data and time when you accessed the website
- The page you visited on the website
- Total time you spent on the website
- Geographic location (country only) of the computer device used by you to connect to the website.
Who we share your data with
LMVG does not use or transfer your personal data anywhere other than in the instances outlined above.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Making a Complaint
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by LMVG, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Data Protection supervisory authority (www.dataprivacy.ie) and LMVG (email@example.com).
This page was updated on 18th February 2019.